I’ve successfully been keeping a notebook with my food intake, activities, and helpful notes for 8 days now. I couldn’t even keep a diary for 3 days when I was a kid, so this is earth shattering to me. Are you excited? Perhaps no.
The first hurdle to be jumped for my big fitness plan was interest. Staying interested in getting fit has always been a problem for me. Of course the desire to lose weight and gain strength is always there, but staying motivated and mindful has proven difficult.
1. Mindset. This is battle. Absolute confidence is necessary.
2. Immersion. Surround yourself with images or words of motivation. Bookmark good exercises or recipes. Do this everyday.
3. Find a fun activity that you could do everyday. Cycling, hackysack, running, spoiling the dog with a loooooong walk.
4. Pride. When you walk through Wawa or the grocery be proud when you don’t look twice at the chips or candy.
5. Don’t kill yourself over it. I have a couple of good bars of chocolate from Whole Foods in my fridge, because sometimes it’s okay to have a treat.
6. Food! Things I’ve been eating:
Salad with Garlic Expressions dressing
Homemade granola bars – with variations on ingredients
That’s all for now. I still haven’t bought a scale, but I hope to get one this weekend!